“Ambiguous match found” in my default.aspx.cs

January 9, 2007

I stumbled upon the aforementioned error after making some changes in my default.aspx code.

The error message didn’t help a lot, but because of Eran Sandler’s blog Advanced .NET Debugging I managed to sort it out.

Because some variables had the same names in the default.aspx and the default.aspx.cs, but the casing was different, the stuff added in the default.aspx.designer.cs file created errors. Either you can remove the lines added in the designer file or do as I did: rename the error generating variable names (thru refactoring of course ;) ) so that more than the casing differs.

And to Eran for finding this error (and/or possible bug): respect.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: